We live in a world where we are always busy. Quick and easy meals are a must in all our lives. I know, I always try to plan my meals in advance for the week ahead. When I found the recipe for these Mediterranean Turkey Wraps, in Everyday Feasts, I had to try them! They were so easy to make and a perfect alternative to sandwiches for lunches during the week. They would even be a great appetizer at your next girl’s dinner party!
Ingredients & Recipe
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 (12-inch) wraps or tortillas
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 ounces turkey, thinly sliced
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup stemmed and chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Spread the mayonnaise over 1 side of each wrap. Place a lettuce leaf on the lower 1/3 of each prepared wrap. Layer the turkey, olives, pine nuts, red peppers, basil and feta cheese over the lettuce. Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll tightly to enclose the filling. Cut on the diagonal to serve. May be prepared several hours in advance. Wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to serve.