Lime Macadamia Bars Life of the Party (page 120)
Say “farewell” to summer with this tangy variation on the classic lemon bar.
2 cups flour
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 cups sugar
1⁄4 cup flour
1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Prepare the ingredients for the crust by chopping the macadamia nuts.
3. Press mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 inch-baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until light brown
5. While the crust is baking, prepare the lime filling.
6. Beat the eggs, sugar, 1⁄4 cup flour, and lime juice in a mixing bowl.