The month of December presents a flurry of opportunities to celebrate the season. Why not plan a holiday party with a creative theme? The wonderful Spanish influences of Tampa make tapas, delicious little Spanish dishes, a natural choice for a unique culinary experience.
A tapas menu gives you the freedom to build an entire meal around dishes your guests will enjoy. It’s an easy, affordable way to feast on a great combination of little dishes packed with big flavors.
Tapas offer a wide range of possibilities for home entertaining:
- Tapas are generally served in small portions and are meant to be eaten quickly and easily.
- There are no rules when serving tapas—they can be warm or cold and may include meat, fish, chicken or vegetables.
- The number and variety of tapas you serve depends on the type of party you’re having—three or four tapas are best for a handful of guests, while a large open house calls for at least ten different tapas.
- Plates and utensils may be provided or not, depending on the types of tapas served and the size of the party.
- In general, tapas that require forks and plates may be better suited for smaller parties, while tapas than can be picked up with fingers or wooden picks are more appropriate for larger parties.
The flexibility of a tapas menu makes it the perfect option for a festive holiday gathering. Our colorful menu includes just the right flavors to help your guests truly savor the holiday season!
- Spanish Meatballs
- Ceviche Cocktail
- Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Toasted Parmesan Zucchini
- Melon Manchego Wraps
- Guava Run Cheesecake
- Cava Cocktail
About Savor the Seasons, Volume 3 of The Junior League of Tampa Culinary Collection: Following the traditions of its siblings—The Life of the Party and EveryDay Feasts—the third Culinary Collection cookbook boasts favorite recipes and time honored traditions of Junior League of Tampa members. We have even included table setting etiquette and other helpful hints to ensure your holiday feast is a hit! Whether a casual gathering of friends for a New Year’s Brunch, a neighborhood Halloween street party or an elegant Thanksgiving dinner, our yearly celebrations are central to our lives. Savor the Seasons offers creative, delicious recipes that will please your family and guests.
For additional menus and complete recipes, click here to order your copy of Savor the Seasons http://bit.ly/99RfQ0 or call 813-254-1734 ext. 2.